- This event has passed.
Cyberinfrastructure: Moving Beyond Broadband at HBCUs and TCUs
July 15, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Time: 2:00 to 3:30 p.m. ET
Overview: Cyberinfrastructure differs from traditional web and broadband access in its focus and magnitude. The high-performance computing and networking resources of cyberinfrastructure enables educators, scientists and students opportunities to create and collaborate in entirely new ways—experiencing processes and results even if the technologies and data sets are thousands of miles away. Many institutions of higher education are engaged in this new kind of scholarly inquiry and education, empowering their communities to innovate and to revolutionize what they do, how they do it, and who participates. Broadband, though necessary, is not sufficient for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs) to be competitive in the 21st Century. Please join BroadbandUSA’s webinar on July 15, 2020 to hear from panelists who will highlight the cyberinfrastructure at HBCUs and TCUs, as well as the importance of partnerships with national organizations such as Internet2 and EDUCAUSE in achieving the common goals of diversity and inclusion.
Please note: This webinar will run from 2:00 to 3:30 EDT.
- Jason Arviso, Director of IT, Navajo Technical University
- Curtis Bradlee, Interim Director of University Computing and Information Technology Systems (UCITS), South Carolina State University
- Deborah F. Dent, CIO, Division of Information Technology, Jackson State University
- Al Kuslikis, American Indian Higher Education Consortium (AIHEC)
- Dr. Francine Alkisswani, Broadband Communication Specialist, NTIA
- Dr. Tonya Smith-Jackson, Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, NC A&T
Please pre-register for the webinar using this registration link. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Want to access past Practical Broadband Conversations webinars? Visit our webinar archives for past presentations, transcripts and audio recordings.